Children at Jock Safari Lodge
Fitzpatrick's Lodge at Jock is a 3 room stand-alone lodge offering families personal service in an intimate atmosphere.
Upon arrival the host and/or ranger will discuss activity options with the family taking the family’s size, children’s ages and the weather into consideration.
Child minding is available at an additional cost for children younger than 4 years as they are too young to join the game drives. Each child will receive a gift pack containing small gifts, some of which they can use during their stay at Fitzpatrick's Lodge at Jock.
- Visit the Stevenson Hamilton museum in Skukuza
- On route to and from Skukuza they will enjoy a game drive (in closed vehicle) which will stop at all the lookout points to enjoy refreshments
- Junior ranger training while on kiddies drive
- Night walk within the camp
Arts, Crafts and Games
- Play dough session
- Mini Chef’s
- Scrap books, paper, scissors, glue crayons, pencils & paints
- Puzzles of varying sizes and difficulties covering a broad age range
- A selection of entertaining and educational children’s books
- A selection of fun board games
Back to top
- All swimming activities must be supervised by parents at all times
- Children younger than 4 years are too young to join game drives
- Child minding is done by lodge staff and can be arranged with reservations prior to arrival at an additional cost
- Please ensure that all children bring good walking shoes, a large hat and sunscreen and any medicine used to treat allergies