Sanbona Explorer Camp & What to Pack
The camp site is unfenced to provide the true explorer ambience and tents are placed in fairly close proximity without encroaching on another tents privacy. Wild animals are able to cross through the camp at any time and although all safety precautions have been followed in setting up the camp; this remains a reality.
- Tents: 3 x Mobile canvas (camping) tents sleeping a maximum of 2 people each
- Meals: All meals are prepared and enjoyed under the Karoo skies
- Ablutions: 2 x Outside showers shared by all by guests (water is heated via the sun or
- on cold days via a fire for extra warmth).
- Each tent has an en-suite bio box toilet (portable) with canvas for privacy.
- 2 x Fold out aluminium stretchers with individual sleeping bags (down) and pillows
- 1 x Three tier cupboard (small)
- 1 x LED light for night time use
- 1 x Outside hand basin (warm water is supplied on request or at first light in the morning)
- En-suite bio box toilet (portable)
- 1 x Hammock nestled away under ancient Schotia trees
- Guest amenities include insect repellent, toilet paper, towels, tissues, sanitary bags as well as bio-degradable shower gel and shampoo
What to Pack
Back to top
- Clothing of neutral colors that is light in weight, but warm – Bright colored clothing must be avoided
- 3 x Shirts
- 3 x Shorts
- 2 x pants (long)
- 1 x warm jersey or jacket as the evenings can get cold
- Hiking or trail shoes
- Sandals for showering
- Sun block