Why choose Sanbona
The sheer expanse and stark beauty of the Sanbona gives one a sense of humbleness, the realization of the inconsequentialities of life, a temporary release of the daily stresses of everyday living.
Sanbona allows one to be at peace, allowing one to curl up with a book, seeking solitude and introspection and what's more...
Back to top
- At 54,000 hectares, Sanbona is one of the largest privately owned game reserves in South Africa.
- Only 3 hours drive from Cape Town which makes Sanbona the closest free-roaming Big 5 reserve to Cape Town.
- The ONLY FREE self sustaining White Lions in the World.
- Vast open plains and rugged mountains.
- Situated on the famous Route 62.
- Variety of endemic bird and animal life.
- Highly Competent Field Guides.
- Previously home to the SAN People where one can experience the Legacy of the Bushman in the Beauty of their Rock Art.
- The only conserved habitat for the highly endangered Riverine Rabbit (13th most endangered mammal in the world).
- Malaria free.
- Situated in the heart of the Little Karoo Wine Route, the longest in the world.