Health & Safety
- First Aid kits are available on site and per student vehicle.
- Fire extinguishers, fore horn and related fire drill with exit indicators are set out
- An emergency Panic button system is located at all major buildings
- Shamwari is a malaria free area ,
- All Medical costs are for own account of the participants and are required to be paid in cash (no terms allowed) to medical service providers. We advise a minimum amount of 5,000.00 ZAR be kept in credit per participant for this service, should the need arise.
- Please note that all medical services in South Africa are on a paid basis and medical insurance is not recognised as cash or means of payment and will generally only act to service claims and recovery of funds on a reclaim basis.
- There are strict access controls measures with no unauthorised individuals allowed on the property.
- M.O.Dís are identified and available for any general assistance or should any incident or accident arise.
- Health and Safety audits and risk assessment are reviewed and updated periodically
- Pest control measures are in place and serviced at regular intervals.
- Some areas in South Africa have a high crime prevalence rate and should be avoided.
- H.I.V / AIDS is of high prevalence in South Africa thus we advise that all the necessary precaution be taken.
Code of Conduct
Back to top