Ranger Training recommended Packing & Reading
What to Pack
- Field guide books
- Water bottles
- Good walking shoes / hiking boots
- Day backpack
- Small torch / head torch
- 3 A4 paper pads
- Several pens
- 2 small note books
- Slip on shoes / slippers to wear in the tents, as the tents are carpeted and wearing of boots / shoes in the tents is not allowed in order to keep them clean.
- 4 passport photographs
- 4 Certified copies of ID/Passport
- 2 Certified copies of driver’s license
- Neutral clothing, khaki colours
- Collared khaki shirt
- Short khaki pants
- Long khaki pants
- Comfortable walking shoes preferably hiking boots
· Estes – Behaviour Guide to African Mammals.
· Sasol Field Guide to the Birds of Southern Africa.
· Van Wyk – Field Guide to the Trees of Southern Africa.
· Smithers – Field Guide to the Mammals of Southern Africa.
NB these books are important for practical sessions: there is a library for reference and research.
Back to top